Our team has developed a free online service for determining the topology of the crystal structure from a CIF file. The procedure for determining the topology includes the following stages:
1. Determining chemical bonds in the crystal structure;
2. Assigning the structure to a chemical class;
3. Determining of the building units of the structure depending on its nature;
4. Simplifying the structure to an underlying net, which contains the connected centers of mass of the building units;
5. Calculating a set of topological indices, which determine the topology of the underlying net;
6. Determining the topology of the underlying net with the database of topological types.
Do you want to determine the topology of your crystal online right now? Come on topcryst.com