SCTMS was established by the order of SSTU academic council from December 29, 2017 with the aim to develop and introduce theoretical prediction methods into experimental technological processes of production of novel matters and materials.
The Center has the following structural units:
- Laboratory of Crystal Chemistry and Crystal Design;
- Laboratory of Mathematical Modeling of Materials;
- Laboratory of Novel Crystal Materials’ Synthesis;
- Parallel Computing Laboratory;
- Laboratory of Information Support of Educational Technologies;
- Russian-Chinese Scientific Research and Innovation Center;
- Research and Educational Center.
The director of SCTMS at SSTU is Prof. Vladislav Blatov.